Scott received a text message on Monday evening that a 24-hour water cut was being implemented starting Monday at midnight. Apparently, the reservoirs are extremely low, because it has been so hot here. It was in the 90s for about two weeks straight, with lows in the low-70s. This the type of hot where it seems pointless to shower, because once you step out of the shower, you just begin sweating again. No one has air conditioners here, but we are lucky enough to have some cross-ventilation in our apartment. But, I diverge...
After receiving the word about the water cut, we filled up 4, 5-liter water jugs. For one thing, I was planning on showering on Tuesday morning after working out, but the water was also needed to wash hands and flush toilets.
I was pleasantly surprised when we woke up Tuesday morning, and had plenty of running water. I guess the water cut doesn't affect our neighborhood was my conclusion. Well, good thing I ran into my English-speaking neighbor that afternoon, because she said the water cut was actually scheduled for Tuesday at midnight. And, sure enough, on Wednesday morning, the water only trickled out of the faucet until there was no more trickle left. But, we'd planned ahead and had plenty of water.
Thursday morning, however, I was not-so-pleasantly surprised when we were still without running water. How much water do they expect us to have? What do the bakeries do? And the shops? Don't they need running water? But, you learn to roll with the punches when you have no control over the situation. So, in compliance, I didn't shower.
Apparently, the water was turned back on around noon, 36 hours after it had been shut off.
No comments:
Post a Comment