Turks don’t run. Well, at least we haven’t seen very many Turks running. We occasionally run on the weekends, but unfortunately, there aren’t any nice paths close by. The nicest area for running just happens to be a park at the top of a very large hill. I am not exaggerating; the hill is big! It puts most hills in the populated areas of the upper-Midwest to shame. Think New York’s Central Park (although way smaller) at the top of one of the hills in San Francisco. It’s a tough workout! Sometimes, I just want to run for 5 miles, without having my body ache from over-exertion.
So, Scott and I took a bus this morning down to the Marmara Sea. Running 5 flat miles at sea level was fantastic! The path curved along the seashore, and tons of people were enjoying the weather. Tons of people were also staring at us! It was about 55F, and I was wearing capris and a short-sleeved T-shirt. Most of the Turks were wearing long pants, long-sleeved shirts, some type of coat or jacket, and 50% of them were wearing hats. They probably think we will come down with pneumonia tomorrow.
We’ll see if they get used to our weekly runs. We’re planning on going again next weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment