Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 3

After our long hike the day before, we decided to take it easy. We found a park bench next to a stream and read for a while. I definitely had plenty of people-watching to entertain me, though. Our bench was next to an exit stream of hot spring steam smelling of sulfur. Breathing it in is supposed to relieve illnesses, especially those associated with asthma and allergies. You wouldn’t really know that the steam had healing powers based on the facial expressions of those imbibing.

Before lunch, we took a walk to explore the park area. This was a short day, since we had to pack up and catch the ferry home.

For being such a short distance from Istanbul, it felt like it was a world away. Scott and I were never much of weekend travelers when in the States, but we want to experience as much of Turkey as we can. Plus, it is so reasonable to travel here.

Have I convinced any of you to visit us next summer?!? :-)

1 comment:

Pink Mom said...

Sounds like you guys had a fantastic weekend! I find it hard to imagine you not exercising fanatically like you did in the states.