Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Stats

Some people have asked and I have been interested myself, so I decided to write down exactly how Natalie and Sophia have grown over the last three months.

July 16th – their birthday
(They were born at 31 weeks; my original due date was Sept. 14th.)


Sophia - 3 lbs 14 oz and 17 inches long (left)


Natalie - 4 lbs 6 oz and 17 inches long








Discharge day August 16th - 1 month old

Sophia (on the left in both pictures) - 5 lbs 5 oz, 19 inches long
Natalie - 6 lbs, 18.5 inches long


In their carseats sitting in their NICU beds at the hospital



In their bed at home (it was 86 degrees in the house for the first week)



2 months old (my friend took these beautiful pictures)















Sophia (on left) - 7 lbs 13 oz, 20 inches long
Natalie - 8 lbs 3 oz, 20 inches long








3 months old



Sophia (on left) - 9 lbs, 12 oz, 22 inches long


Natalie - 10 lbs, 9 oz, 22 inches long









I hear a lot of parents say "I can't remember how small they were" about their children. We can't quite remember either, but subconsciously, I think we remember. Daily, we hear ourselves saying, "You guys are huge", but they are hardly big for 3-month olds.

And when I look at the newborn Gerber onesies that my sister sent, I remember how those were the only clothes that fit. Now I am packing them away.

No comments: