Monday, October 25, 2010

Shut-in

The Juggling Twins book that I’m reading recommends that a mother of twins should have the goal of getting out twice per week with her twins and once per week on her own.

Last week, I actually exceeded the goal! Sunday, I took a walk in the morning with Natalie and a walk in the afternoon with Sophia. I left Scott home with the other sleeping baby. When I go out with only one baby, the Moby wrap is perfect! (I'll post some pictures soon of the Moby.) On Thursday, I took Natalie and Sophia to the doctor by myself for their 3-month check-ups. Scott met us there and we came home together. On Saturday night, we went to a friend’s house as a family.

And on Friday, a dear friend not only brought over a full Mexican dinner (complete with fajitas, refried beans, and Spanish rice), but she also folded my laundry, emptied my dishwasher, and rocked my babies while I slipped out to a cafe for some çay (Turkish tea, pronounced chai) and a slice of tiramisu.

You may wonder why I devoted a whole post to telling you about my week, especially since I haven’t posted in weeks. It is because getting out of the house as a mother of 3-month-old twins is not easy! Before last week, I went 10 days without leaving the house. You read that correctly. 10 days! Not only did the weather turn really cold and rainy unexpectedly, but then I came down with a weird cold / flu combination.

Let’s hope I can keep up the pace of last week and get out more often while the weather is nice. I hope we never stay another 1/3 of a month indoors!

4 comments:

Auntie Amy said...

So glad to hear about your week! Every afternoon while my kids are sleeping, I also enjoy a chai tea. Yummy! Can't wait to see you all!

Pink Mom said...

Well, if you can't get out of the house, I'd love to Skype sometime and meet those cute little babies!

Alyssa said...

Amy - The tea is a little different here. You'll get to experience it first-hand in less than 3 weeks!!!!! Can't wait!

Alyssa said...

Pink Mom - Yes, once Natalie and Sophia stop being so grumpy (started last Thursday), we'll set something up on the weekend. Looking forward to introducing them to you!