I can’t believe how behind I am. Oh wait...yes, I can. My goal is to catch up this week. I am currently sitting at a little cafĂ© just a block from our apartment. I have become a regular here. Every weekend, Scott lets me get out of the house to have some time on my own and catch up on emails or reading. He calls when Natalie and Sophia wake up from their naps, and I am home in two minutes. For $5, I can get three or four cups of tea and the most delicious piece of chocolate cake that I have found in this city. It even beats the desserts at Starbucks. Don’t get me wrong, I wish Starbucks was a 2-minute walk from our apartment, but it’s probably best from an expense (both monetary and caloric) perspective that there isn’t one.
I haven't posted four-month pictures yet and they are 7 months old. (Can that really be true?!?) Thus, the need to catch up.
The day before Natalie and Sophia turned 4 months old, we took our first flight with them. Per advice from one of my twin books, I dressed them in matching outfits to increase the “cuteness effect” at the airport. We were given special treatment at security, cutting to the front of lines, and their helpfulness went beyond the normal Turkish hospitality.
Because of the type of plane we were flying on, and the fact that it didn’t have enough oxygen masks in the row for four people, Scott & I had to both sit in window seats, but on opposite sides of the plane. Natalie and Sophia did great on the 1 1/2-hour flight. I can’t imagine doing an international flight with twins. I can imagine the people’s thoughts as we get on the plane “Please, don’t sit by us. Please, don’t sit by us.” :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment