Sophia continued to be the good night sleeper, and Natalie the good napper. They both loved to go outside, but Sophia preferred the stroller so she could sit up and Natalie preferred the Ergo (the best baby carrier ever, in my humble opinion). Even so, I switch them every day, so they don’t get used to one mode of traveling and refuse the other. I don’t have the time to put up with pickiness! Sophia was a great eater. We thought that if she was going to catch Natalie in weight, it would be this month, but to no avail. Even though she liked “real” food more than Natalie, she couldn’t catch her (and after a few colds with little appetite, she isn’t even in striking distance anymore). Sophia still loved sitting. If laid on the floor, she would immediately roll to her stomach, and she enjoyed the Hop ‘n’ Pop from the first time she was placed in it. Her favorite toys were Sophie le giraffe and a butterfly chew toy.
Natalie is the early riser, waking up at 5:30 or 6 in the morning. I really can’t complain since she was sleeping through the night and took long naps during the day. If only Natalie shared her sister’s love for waking up late or Sophia shared Natalie’s love for long naps, I would have it made!! She started out a picky eater, but that has changed. She still wasn’t the biggest fan of sitting, but started crawling on April 1st and never looked back. I was hoping it was an April Fool’s Day joke, because I wasn’t ready for her to be that mobile yet. For being the baby who we called “the bump”, she sure became quite active quickly. Luckily, she seems to be immune to pain. It is rare for her to fall or bump her head, but if she does, it hardly phases her.
The official stats from their 9-month (7 months adjusted age) check-up:
Natalie – 15 lbs, 7 oz and 28 inches long
Sophia – 14 lbs, 12 oz and 28 inches long
Basically, they are between the 75th and 90th percentile for length. Natalie is between the 10th and 25th percentile for weight and Sophia is between the 5th and 10th percentile for weight. They are tall and skinny! But like the doctor said, “If they have the height, the weight will follow.”
There were just too many cute photos to choose from so I'm posting a lot.
March 24th - Sophia looks bigger in most pictures, because she sits up straighter and her face is fuller, but she is not.
April 16th - Natalie & Sophia - 9 months old (7 months adjusted age)The first video is basically the first time that Natalie & Sophia played "together". Natalie shook her toy, Sophia laughed. It's the simple things that warm a mother's heart! :-)
The second video is Natalie showing off her crawling skills just days after she turned 9 months old. It was after this that I started realizing that they were catching up to their non-premature peers. I've decided that after their birthday on Saturday (THIS Saturday!), I am going to stop telling everyone that they were born two months early. It just doesn't seem to matter much anymore, and that makes this mama very, very thankful!
The second video is Natalie showing off her crawling skills just days after she turned 9 months old. It was after this that I started realizing that they were catching up to their non-premature peers. I've decided that after their birthday on Saturday (THIS Saturday!), I am going to stop telling everyone that they were born two months early. It just doesn't seem to matter much anymore, and that makes this mama very, very thankful!







1 comment:
Alyssa!
Your girls are absolutely precious! I love their bright eyes! And seriously, you did have so many sweet shots of them together! You're doing well, mama. Love getting to check in on you and Matilda's peers :)
Huge hugs to you,
Tara
Post a Comment